This is a guide on how to install MLE-Moodle on your server and how to get the mobile client:
||MLE Moodle Installation Guide:|
What you need:
- A PHP and MySQL / database Server where you can install Moodle. We recommend that your PHP-server allows the use of sockets (especially the fsockopen PHP-function) otherwise some features might not work!
- Moodle 1.8 or 1.9 (tested with 1.8.5 and 1.9.1)
- The MLE-Moodle plugin (for your moodle server),
you can get these files from here.
- Install Moodle on your server and configure it
- the ZIP file contains a folder called "moodle", copy its content to the installation folder of moodle (IMPORTANT: DON'T copy everything in the Moodle-MOD folder!!! MLE-Moodle contains out of multiple modules, blocks and other Moodle-extensions!!!)
So the ZIP file contains a folder called "moodle/blocks/mle/" if you installed MLE-Moodle correctly, you should have the following folder on your Moodle-Server: "YOUR-MOODLE-ROOT-FOLDER/blocks/mle/"
- Log-in To Moodle as a Moodle-Admin
- Open the notification page
- Wait till the page has loaded and click on the "Continue" button on the end of the page (must be done multiple times!)
- Click on "Modules" - "MLE" - "MLE config" and enable the MLE. Afterwards click on the Save-button.
- Go to the start-page, click on the "Turn editing on"-Button. Then add the "Mobile Access"-block (this block was called "MLE Download" in previous releases!).
- That's it!
Check out the MLE-Moodle Wiki for further help. Please contribute by adding information to this wiki!
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions:
Where do I get the mobile client for my MLE-Moodle server?
If you follow the installation guide you will get a "MLE download" block on the start-page of your Moodle server. Just click on the Download button and the user is redirected to the MLE-Download-Server and will get a preconfigured MLE client version for your Moodle server.
So in order to get a mobile MLE-Moodle client you need a working MLE-Moodle server.
I get the error "version.php was not found" after the Installation of MLE-Moodle:
Your installation of MLE-Moodle was wrong. copy the contents (with all the subfolders) of the "moodle" folder in the installation ZIP-file to your Moodle Server installation (your Moodle Root folder).